The Dalai Lama settled
here after his flight across the Himalaya following the
Chinese invasion of Tibet in October 1959. There is a
monastery at McLeod Ganj, a short distance along from the
Dalai Lama's residence, and a Library. An amphitheater
view of Moon peak and Dhaula-Dhar range from Truind.
Winters can make it Moderate.
Day 01: Delhi – Dharamsala
• Delhi – Una Overnight Himachal Express Train to Una
• Drive Una – Dharamsala 3-4 hrs
• Explore Dharamsala, McLeod Ganj (1980m).
• Overnight Hotel in Dharamsala
Day 02: Dharamsala McLeod Ganj – Triund
• Trek - Triund (2,751m) 4-5 hrs. Uphill traverse with
switch back in last part.
• Overnight Camp at Triund
Day 03: Trek Triund – Laka
• Trek - Laka (3,353m) 4-5 hrs gradual uphill
• Overnight Camp Laka
Day 04:Trek Laka – Dharamsala McLeod Ganj
• Trek – McLeod Ganj 6-7 hrs all the way down hill
• Overnight Hotel Dharamsala
Day 05: Dharamsala - Delhi
• Visit Tibetan Monastery.
• Drive to Una 3-4 hrs
• Overnight train to Delhi.
• View: Moon peak, Indrahara and Dhaula-Dhar Range